Learning how to drive a car could be an adventurous ride or it could be a disastrous one. But in order to learn how to drive, you must be familiar with the car and how one of the finest machinery works. How to use the Gear stick, and at what time should we go for each gear. Even though nowadays there are many automatic cars available in the market. But it is on an individual how he prefers it, the old fashioned way of shifting through different gears or just sit there put it unto drive and accelerate.
Before we Start
Typically, manual cars have three pedals: clutch, brake, and accelerator (In the Exact order, Just left to Right).
The brake and accelerator pedals as their names stats – Pressing the brake in order to slow down (the firmness of your feet on the pedal, the quicker speed Decrease),whereas in order to use the accelerator increases the engine’s revs and the speed will gradually increase (the firmness of your feet onto the pedal, Will determine the increase in speed).
The One which makes the difference in a Manual car and an Automatic Car is The Clutch, and the clutch is also the one which makes it difficult from the automatic car
Without going into too much detail, the clutch is essentially two metal plates that connect the engine to the drive wheels.
Clutch, in a nutshell, is by pressing the Clutch pedal, you’re disconnecting the engine and the wheels
Steps to drive a CAR
- Getting in the car and put on your seat belt
- In order to start the engine put the key in the ignition and turn it all the way.
- Using the Clutch Pedal, the one on the left side you could use you Gear stick
- Move the gear stick into first gear
- Use your right foot to press down on the accelerator gently to increase the engine’s revs vary slightly
- Slowly lift the clutch pedal using your left foot until it starts to vibrate gently
- This vibration is known as the car’s “bite point” – this is where the clutch plates start to come together.
- Check for the Handbrake before starting in order to Move forward Slowly
- Increase the revs while slowly raising your foot off the clutch unit you are moving forward with only the use of the accelerator pedal
Either In the early days of learning to drive a car or being an expert driver, the one thing to keep in mind is that releasing and pressing of CLUTCH and the ACCELERATOR pedals should be simultaneous and respective in nature.
If you stall apply the brakes, turn the engine off, return the gear stick to neutral and begin the process again.
From learning to New tech updates visit Us ThingzCORNER